If you are applying for the Mindfulness Intensive (Level 2) course, please review the criteria, as you will need to tick the box below to say you have read and understood expectations and are willing to adhere and be accountable to the criteria when entering onto this course.
Mindfulness Intensive (Level 2) Criteria
1. You must have a basic understanding of how Mindfulness can support children and young people in improving their emotional wellbeing and resilience
2. You must have demonstrated some personal practice and knowledge either by a) completing a Level 1 course or b) having some identifiable previous training in Mindfulness
3. You must be in a professional or voluntary role where you can apply Mindfulness to support children, young people (including aged 10-16) or their families in the HeadStart Kent named districts (see ‘about the project page’ on the website or alternatively, www.headstartkent.org.uk for the named districts).
4. You must have the support of your line manager to complete the course and have the remit to use it in your workplace
5. You must liaise with your manager to identify how you will achieve delivery of Mindfulness within your role and ensure it is reviewed within your CPD plan for the next 12 months
6. You must be committed to gathering evidence of the impact of Mindfulness by collating evidence and reporting outcomes to the HeadStart Kent team including individual case studies and number of young people supported.
7. You must attend all 4 sessions of the course and commit to the personal practice to achieve the Level 2 attendance certificate and access the online resources and members area of www.mindfulkent.co.uk
8. You must be prepared to share learning and attend ongoing Communities of Practice (at least 1 a year) throughout the duration of the HeadStart Contract (to April 2021)
9. To your knowledge, you intend to remain in a role supporting Kent young people for a minimum of 2 years.
Please note, places on Mindfulness Intensive (Level 2) course are limited, so we will use your responses to prioritise places. A further joining questionnaire will be sent to confirm your place and identify any personal circumstances and requirements that may need consideration. Your place is not confirmed until this has been sent to you. We regret that we will not be able to accommodate every applicant on the programme but we will keep our information and opportunities for further learning updated on www.mindfulkent.co.uk and www.headstartkent.org.uk .
If you would like to submit an expression of interest for the Mindfulness Intensive (Level 2) Training then please proceed to the questionnaire below: